Monday, April 20, 2009

Interview

the person i interview was someone that meant a lot to me she have been alive for over 80 years she wont tell me exactly how many years all she will say is my age is in the 80. I will be asking her 11 question on a time during the Great depression and when MLK and Malcolm X was working on making all Americans one and unsegregated. She is my great grandma but i just call her grandma cause she dont think she is old...lol





Question

1. What did you think about MLK’s “I Have a Dream Speech”?

“”I thank it could have been more demanding and if he had a lil more ATTITUDE I thank it would have work better than it did , but over all it like it I just had that lil problem.”

2. What did you think about Mr. King’s assassination?

“I’m not trying to be mean but I kinda felt it coming I wish it would’ve happened but God knew what he was doing because right after Mr. X came into play.”

3. Where were you when Mr. King was in action?

“I was in Georgia I cant remember exactly but I know I was here then.”

4. How did you feel about his assassination?

5. Who did you like more: Malcolm X or Martin L. King? Why did you pick that person?
“Ummmm I did not have a favorite I like some things about them both like I understand MLK trying not to use violence but it was moving to slow and Malcolm was more demanding it wanted it than and right then he did not want wait and that cause a lot of tension because it was a lot of hurt people.”

6. What did you think about segregation? How did this affect you and your family?
“Well this was a major movement I did not like it because we blacks were treated like s*** and I did not go to school but up to 8th grade”

7. Tell me about the Great Depression.

“I don’t really remember nothing but I did not really get to eat that much and that I was homeless that’s about it.”

8. What was the hardest thing to overcome during this time?

“Try to survive”

9. If you could change one thing form the depression what would it be? Why?

10. Is there still segregation today, and if so, in what forms? If no, explain.
Yes but more in a individual way because we are not restricted from doing nothing but some people separate them selves form other depending on race color living condition ect.”

11. What is one thing that has stayed with you since the Depression?
“Memories Memories Memories………..”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your Grandma's memories. She sounds like a wonderful individual. Did you not ask her all of the questions, or did you just not type up her responses for #s 4 and 10? Good work on this part 26/30 points, and please turn in the check sheet so that you can get the rest of the points.

    ReplyDelete